Negotiates for fee title and lesser interests in real estate by purchase, lease, exchange, donation, or transfer from Government agencies.
- Performs all negotiations in acquiring land, easements, rights-of-way, and other lesser interests by direct purchase for civil and military missions.
- Negotiates and administers all lease hold estates acquired for civil and military use.
- Requests assignment of GSA-controlled space (both leased and Government-owned) for military and civil use. Administers such space and requests its release when no longer needed.
Administers the Homeowners Assistance Program for the central United States. Coordinates the HAP with the Management and Disposal (M&D), Appraisal, Acquisition, and Planning and Control (P&C) Branches. Processes requests for payment of benefits under PL 89-754.
- Requests and coordinates a Market Impact Study (MIS) on each announced installation closure or realignment.
- Schedules and conducts all internal and external meetings associated with the management of the HAP. Disseminates all media announcements for HAP. Notifies all public and elected officials of HAP in their areas.
- Maintains the Homeowners Assistance Program Management Information System (HAPMIS).
Develop, direct and execute Planning and Financial Operations for Real Estate programs. Responsibilities include functional development of Real Estate activities in support of the Civil and Military Communities.
Local Cooperation Project Manager.
- Performs and/or coordinates Real Estate functions for Local Cooperation Projects and serves as a team member on the project development team.
- Develops and prepares real estate plans for study and engineering documents including Reconnaissance and Feasibility Reports, Detailed Projects Reports and Design Memoranda. Coordinates necessary work to be done in support of these plans by other Real Estate Division Branches.
- Maintains liaison with community leaders and key local sponsor personnel during planning, execution and close out of real estate acquisition. This includes providing assistance in planning efforts, participating the initial landowner meetings, monitoring progress of acquisition, consulting on issues related to compliance with Federal statutory requirements and processing of requests for credit.
- Maintains database, Real Estate files and map files on Local Cooperation Projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of the planning document for all military and civil projects.
- Prepares Real Estate Planning Reports for military projects and Design Memorandums for civil works projects for requesting approval and subsequent authorization and funding of projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and presents real estate public meetings for new authorized projects including the preparation of wall maps, mailing notices to the public, preparing speech for presentation by the District Engineer, and preparation of Land Acquisition Procedure brochures.
- Prepares real estate cost estimates and schedules of work performance for land acquisition in the planning and development of civil and military programs to accomplish the real estate mission. Maintains operational and control records to determine effectiveness and economy of program execution.
Defense Environmental Restoration Program.
- Initiate and execute the Real Estate Environmental Restoration Program for the District.